Banff National Park Jobs
Jobs are posted by date. Recent Job additions will be at the top, with older Job postings displayed for your referral. If you would like support or assistance please contact us.
Banff Gondola Lead Ticket Agent - Banff Gondola
$14/hr # of Openings 1 Job Locations CA-AB-Banff Job Post Information* : Posted Date 3/7/2016 Job Posting Categories Front Office/Guest Services More information about this job: Overview: Create mountains of memories! Living and working in the Canadian Rockies is an excellent opportunity to bring out the inner-adventurer in you. We are offering opportunities to learn and grow, foster new friendships and experience authentic mountain living. Brewster Travel Canada has been providing amazing natural experiences to guests of the Canadian Rocky Mountains since 1892. Starting with two young Brewster brothers providing guided excursions in the Rocky Mountain national parks, we are now a leading travel and tourism provider in Canada offering Canada-wide vacation packages. We own and operate five of the biggest attractions in the Rocky Mountains; the Banff Gondola, Banff Lake Cruise, Maligne Lake Cruise, Glacier Adventure and the all new Glacier Skywalk. We are passionate, local travel experts who help all our guests get the very most out of their Canadian travel holiday. Responsibilities: The Banff Gondola adventure begins with an eight minute journey to the summit of Sulphur Mountain in a modern, fully-enclosed four passenger gondola cabin. The views become increasingly spectacular as you climb 698m (2,292 feet) to an elevation of 2,281metres (7,486 feet) at the Summit Upper Terminal – the departure point for a mountaintop of activities. A Lead Ticket Agent assists the Front Office Supervisors in overseeing daily operation and the front office team at the Banff Gondola. A Lead Hand is responsible for assisting front office staff in the duties required for their front-line position (ticket sales, ticket validation and scanning, guest survey collection, crowd control, boarding assistance) and occasionally may be required to train new FO staff. Lead Hand performs duties of a group sales agent, supports the team and ensures an “above and beyond” service is provided to all guests, is responsible for guest services and cash handling security for the Banff Gondola. Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven leadership skills in front-line team at an attraction, hotel, or similar
- A high level of customer service and experience in guest services, or similar
- Being able to work calmly under pressure and overcoming guest objections
- A high level of sales experience in tourism, or similar
- Great attention to detail and good communication and listening skills with local and international guests and staff; second language skills highly advantageous
- Accuracy and efficiency in handling large amounts of cash ($CAD and $US) and debit/credit transactions under fast-paced and busy conditions
- Physical demands including constant use of hands, repetitive actions and speaking, sitting/standing for long periods of time and working outdoors
- To honor Brewster Travel Canada's commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record and credit check Thank you for your interest in working for Brewster Travel Canada, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.